Please note the following:
- Kinderfarming – All five Kinderfarming classes are currently FULL. Please complete the form below to be added to the waiting list.
- 1st & 2nd grade Wednesday class – ONE opening available!
- 1st & 2nd Grade Thursday Class – FULL Please complete the form below to be added to the waiting list.
- 3rd/4th Grade’s Wednesday Class – FULL Please complete the form below to be added to the waiting list.
- 3rd/4th Grade Tuesday Class – FULL Please complete the form below to be added to the waiting list.
- 5th & 6th Grade Class – FULL. Please complete the form below to be added to the waiting list.
- 7th/8th Grade – FULL. Please complete the form below to be added to the waiting list.
The Farm Fusion classes at Freebird Farm have been fostering a love of learning through agricultural-based education since 2011. This class integrates agriculture into the curriculum through various educational elements (creative writing, science, arts and crafts, stories, physical games, etc.).
2023-24 Farm Fusion classes will meet once per week for 10 weeks in the fall (Sept-Thanksgiving Week) and 10 weeks in the spring (March-May).
Why? Because the weather is icky, the germs are plentiful, and the farm is pretty dormant December through February! (See calendar)
Class fee is $600 for the year. A non-refundable registration/supply fee of $50 required to hold your child’s spot
The Farm Fusion age limits are not set in stone! As a mother of four, I understand that transportation and schedules can be tricky. Your older child can definitely still participate in the younger group, as needed. If you have a very mature 2nd grader, he/she may be better suited in the older group, just as a young, active 3rd grader may have more fun with the younger class! We have flexibility to create the best experience possible.
Advanced Farm Fusion / Ag for 7th+
For older students, we have created a rotating curriculum of upper level lessons and activities! This course will learn more in depth information about animal husbandry, genetics, finances, and more. Examples of activities covered throughout this 2-3 year rotation: milking & soap-making, DIY incubator construction, microgreens and hydroponics, parasitology/microscope study. Even if your child has attended Farm Fusion classes for years, they have never experienced activities like these!
KinderFarming is a hands-on, interactive, high-energy class for children under 6. A parent/guardian must be present during this 50 min period. Learn along with your child as they experience the wonders of agriculture!
In order for the students to have a cohesive learning experience, our 2023-24 Kinderfarming classes are offered as a bundle of 8 classes for $100 per participating child. (Payment is required to confirm your child’s spot.) Classes may be cancelled due to bad weather, but every effort will be made to reschedule!
We will have a la carte workshops throughout the year which correlate with FCBOE breaks! Dates can be found on the calendar below.